What is a VA Loan?
A VA loan is designed to offer long-term financing to veterans. VA mortgage loans are issued by federally qualified lenders and are guaranteed by the U.S. Veterans Administration. The VA determines eligibility and issues a certificate to qualifying applicants to submit to their mortgage lender of choice. It is generally easier to qualify for a VA loan than conventional loans.
Advantages of VA Loans
- 0% Down Payment
- No monthly mortgage insurance premiums
- Lower average interest rates than other loan types
- Available to Most U.S. Service Members
- Refinance your home up to 100% of the value
VA Loan Eligibility
- Minimum credit score 580
- Minimum credit score 500 with 10% down
- Service Requirements:
- You have served 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime, OR
- You have served 181 days of active service during peacetime, OR
- You have more than 6 years of service in the National Guard or Reserves, OR
- You are the spouse of a service member who has died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related disability
Qualify for a VA Loan Today
If you are are seeking a VA loan in Eureka, Arcata, McKinleyville, Fortuna or anywhere in California we can help. We are committed to helping California realize the dream of home ownership. For more information on VA loans or how to get started contact us today at 707-445-3027 or fill out the quick quote.